RENOVATION OF A SMALL BATHROOM: PRACTICAL SOLUTIONS
When it comes to renovating a small bathroom, there are certain limitations that need to be taken into consideration. However, this does not mean that you cannot create a functional and visually appealing space. With the right planning and design, a small bathroom can be transformed into a beautiful oasis. In this article, we will discuss practical solutions for renovating a small bathroom.
- PLAN THE LAYOUT
One of the most crucial aspects of renovating a small bathroom is the layout. You need to find ways to maximize the available space and make the bathroom functional. Before starting the renovation, measure the bathroom and make a plan of how you want to arrange the fixtures. You may have to make compromises, but keep in mind that functionality is key.
- Consider installing a corner shower instead of a traditional shower to save space.
- Opt for a wall-mounted sink instead of a bulky vanity.
- Use floating shelves or a medicine cabinet to save floor space.
- CHOOSE THE RIGHT FIXTURES
Choosing the right fixtures for a small bathroom is critical. Make sure that the fixtures you choose are functional and fit within the room’s dimensions.
- Install a compact toilet to save space.
- Choose a small bathtub or a walk-in shower instead of a large, traditional bathtub.
- Use a pedestal sink instead of a vanity if space is limited.
- USE LIGHT COLORS AND CREATE ILLUSIONS
When it comes to the color scheme of a small bathroom, light colors are the way to go. Light colors create the illusion of more space and make the room feel brighter and airier. Additionally, there are certain design techniques that can create illusions of more space.
- Install a large mirror to create the illusion of depth and space.
- Use light-colored tiles on the floor and walls to create a continuous flow of space.
- Install a glass shower enclosure to make the bathroom feel more open.
- OPTIMIZE STORAGE
Storage is always a challenge in a small bathroom. However, there are ways to optimize storage without taking up too much space.
- Use vertical storage space by installing shelves or cabinets above the toilet.
- Use the back of the bathroom door to hang towels and robes.
- Consider using baskets or other decorative elements to store toiletries and towels.
- ADD THE RIGHT LIGHTING
Proper lighting is essential in any bathroom, but it is especially important in a small bathroom. Make sure that the lighting is bright enough to create the illusion of more space and make the bathroom feel more spacious.
- Use multiple light sources, such as task lighting and ambient lighting.
- Install LED lights under the vanity or behind the mirror to create a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- Enhance natural lighting by not covering up windows or installing a skylight.
In conclusion, renovating a small bathroom is challenging but not impossible. By planning the layout, choosing the right fixtures, using light colors and design illusions, optimizing storage, and adding the right lighting, you can transform a small bathroom into a beautiful and functional space.